Christmas is just around the corner! Christmas has always been my favorite holiday, but it was extra special last year. My husband and I announced our pregnancy to our families by giving them ornaments I painted. I always wanted to be able to announce our big news during our favorite time of the year, and God had perfect timing! Now Baby E is here, and Christmas is extra special again because we get to celebrate with Baby E for the first time! I so look forward to most importantly celebrating the birth of Jesus along with our other traditions of decorating the Christmas tree, seeing the lights, having extra family time, and this year spoiling Baby E with a few special gifts.
I put together a list of ideas for baby’s first Christmas gifts. When shopping for Baby E’s first Christmas, it’s important to me that I pick out gifts that will grow with him so he can use them for awhile. I admit I’m a bit picky with what Baby E plays with so I made a wishlist on Amazon to guide family. This gift guide includes some of our favorites along with other ideas for that special baby boy or girl in your life! You can see the prices and further details by clicking on the links or pictures. Now on to the gift guide!
Be sure to check out Best Toys for Baby’s First Year, my gift guide for the new mom and my gift guide for the new dad! There are also lots of gift ideas here for anyone who loves decor and farmhouse style.
This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
Click on any product image to shop!
2. Skip Hop Explore & More Follow-Me Bee Crawl Toy: This developmental toy is so adorable and it encourages your baby to crawl! It is perfect for pre-crawling babies, beginner crawlers, and even advanced crawlers as it moves in different patterns.
3. Shape Sorter, Baby Toy Starter Set, My First Tugboat, My First Stacker, Twist Teether Toy, Elephant-on-Wheels: Remember how I said I was picky with the toys Baby E plays with? I LOVE Green Toys and how they are free from BPA, phthalates, PVC, and external coatings. Plus they’re made from recycled plastic and you can throw them in the dishwasher to sanitize them! I love how I don’t have to worry about chemicals in Green Toys, and they’re made in the USA!. And no, they don’t pay me to say all of this! I just love them that much! 🙂
Related: Gift Guide for the New Mom
4. Skip Hop Baby Treetop Friends Hug-and-Hide Wise Owl Activity Toy: Baby E just started loving peek-a-boo so I think he is going to like this toy! It has over 10 developmental activities, and I love that it’s an owl.
5. Wrist Rattle & Foot Finder Socks: These wrist rattles and socks help babies discover their hands and feet. It’s a fun way for babies to learn about their movement.
6. Boppy Tummy Time Pillow: This adorable mini boppy pillow will keep any baby entertained as they work out those important muscles during tummy time. It comes with a cute crinkle book and teether ring. I personally called Boppy and asked them if the teether is BPA free, and I was told ALL of their products are BPA free! The pillow is also small enough to take with you for playtime. The recommended age is 2-6 months.
7. Skip Hop Explore and More Mix-and-Match Animal Activity Book: Baby E loves this book! It has crinkly pages and the handle is a rattle. The colors and animals make it so much fun for him. It also has a cloud-shaped teether attached, and it’s PVC-free and Phthalate-free.
8. Dr. Brown’s Coolees Soothing Teether: Because teething is coming! He already drools so much that I feel like we may be dealing with teething sooner than later.
9. Skip Hop Hug-and-Hide Tummytime Playmat, Owl: Another owl! This is a cute tummy time play mat. It comes with a supportive tummy time pillow and includes two developmental toys.
10. Here Fashion 3 Packs Non-toxic Soft Fabric Baby Cloth Books: These are some cute cloth books! Plus they’re nontoxic which is so important because babies like to put everything in their mouths.
11. Sophie the Giraffe Teether: This teether is made from natural rubber and is soft on the gums. Baby E loves this teether! He loves how it squeaks, and it’s easy for him to hold and chew.
Related: Gift Guide for the New Dad
12. Evenflo Exersaucer Moovin & Groovin Activity Center: Baby E is just shy of 4 months and we recently started using this! He absolutely loves all the animals and activities! The seat spins so he can face the toys he wants to reach. This activity center features so many activities that help infants and toddlers from 4 months to walking age in key early child development areas. The fact that it’s a farm makes it even more fun!
13. HABA Snug-up Doll Luisa First Baby Doll: This cuddly doll is so cute! I love that it is free from toxins including BPA, phthalates, PVC, flame retardants, and water repellent chemicals!
14. Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym: This bright activity gym has letters and animals and looks like it would be so entertaining for any baby! It has 17 developmental activities, and it would definitely grow with the baby.
15. Infantino Stick and Spin High Chair Pal: This cute little monkey suctions to our high chair tray and keeps Baby E entertained while prepping food and in between bites (and it also keeps him engaged after mealtime when I need a few minutes to clean up). It has a mirror on the foot and the head turns and makes a clicking sound. The green ball also spins, and the colorful discs move up and down the blue arch. The suction works well as long as the surface it’s sticking to is clean. The monkey is BPA free and can also be used on a stroller tray.
16. Melissa & Doug Animals Jumbo Knob Wooden Puzzles Set – Fish and Pets: These cute puzzles have large knobs that are easy for babies to grasp. We have the Melissa & Doug farm puzzle but these are so cute, too!
17. Bright Starts Around We Go 3-in-1 Activity Center Zippity Zoo: This is a great toy for 6 months and up to 25 lbs or 30 inches tall. Baby E would love this activity center! It has over 15 activities to keep baby busy, and it’s a walker! The reason I would look into getting this one over other activity centers is because it’s lead-free, BPA-free, and non-toxic!
18. Baby Touch and Feel: Christmas, WINMI® Baby Girls’ Newborn 1st Christmas Onesie, Baby Snowflake Coat+Romper Playsuit, Lil’ Reindeer Christmas Plush Rattle, Baby’s First Christmas Santa Hat, Simple Joys by Carter’s Baby 4-Piece my First Christmas: Christmas-themed gifts are always fun especially for baby’s first Christmas! Use this opportunity to take a lot of pictures in Christmas outfits, too!
I hope this gift guide gives you fun ideas for your baby’s first Christmas!! Numbers 1-17 are great ideas to keep around for birthdays or other gift-giving holidays, as well! Make sure you bookmark and pin this so you can refer back for future gift-buying! May your Christmas be filled with lots of joy!