Everyone has their favorite products to help them survive pregnancy. Although I luckily never felt like I had to “survive” pregnancy, I definitely had my favorite go-to items that I couldn’t live without! I guess I was one of the lucky ones that didn’t get sick or anything (and I am forever grateful for that!). These are my top five must-have pregnancy products that I personally used when I was pregnant, and I found them so beneficial throughout all trimesters! If you’re expecting, I hope you find these must-haves as helpful as I did!
This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
I want to make a quick side note to all the pregnant mamas out there. Be sure to create your Amazon Baby Registry! You can add baby items from any site! It’s so easy and fun, plus you get up to a 15% completion discount! Who doesn’t love Amazon?!
Click on any product image to shop!
1. Pregnancy Pillow: If I had to pick one item I couldn’t live without during my pregnancy, this is it! I ordered this the week I found out I was pregnant. Even before I had a bump, this pillow made sleeping sooo much more comfortable! It helped me learn to not sleep on my tummy, and once I had a bump, this pillow supported me everywhere I needed it. It’s like a giant hug. 🙂 The gray pillow case is made out of a super soft jersey-knit cotton. I still find this pillow comfy! It isn’t just for pregnant mamas..it’s for anyone that needs back and hip support. Seriously..get this pillow! It might take up a lot of your bed, but anything to make mama happy, right?
2. Vitamins: Prenatals and DHA are so important for the healthy development of your baby. I love these prenatals and these DHA vitamins. Neither of them made me feel sick and the DHA didn’t give me any fishy aftertaste or burps. That is the last thing any pregnant mama needs! I also continued to take these when I nursed!
Related: Getting Out of the House with a Baby
3. Water Bottles: Staying hydrated is so important when you’re pregnant. It’s also imperative when you’re nursing, so start getting used to carrying water around with you 24/7! I find I drink a lot of water if I use this cup but I also take this bottle with me if I’m leaving the house. The bottle keeps my water ice cold for so long, and I can easily refill my favorite cup whenever I run out! Plus it comes in so many fun colors (I picked pink)!
4. The What to Expect Pregnancy Journal & Organizer: I admit I never read any pregnancy books but I am so glad I had this journal to document everything throughout my pregnancy. Not only does it have a section for daily symptoms and any other thoughts you want to record, but it also has a place to keep track of all of your medical appointments. Whenever I thought of a question to ask the doctor, I made sure I wrote it in my journal so I would remember to ask it at the next appointment. Preggo brain is very real, so be sure to write down questions the second you think of them! I definitely recommend having this book! I know one day I will enjoy reading my notes!
5. Nourishing Oil and Belly Balm: Throughout my pregnancy, I used both belly balm and oil, and I didn’t get any stretch marks! Hallelujah! That first week I found out I was pregnant, I immediately went on Amazon and ordered these (and the pillow!) so I would have them within two days (this household can’t live without Amazon Prime! Especially now that we have a baby! I love the fast (and free!) 2 day shipping! Get your Amazon Prime Free Trial here!). I used both of these beginning in early pregnancy even before I had any kind of baby bump. I rubbed the oil and balm on my belly and also on my chest and thighs. There’s no way to know if using these is the reason I didn’t get stretch marks, but I know I will use this method again if I have future pregnancies. I alternated using these two products on a daily basis. If I remembered, I would even use one in the morning and one at night. Some days I completely forgot to use either (again..like I said..preggo brain is very real!) but I did my best to at least use one before bed. Not only did they moisturize my skin, but they left me smelling good. They also help with that itchy skin feeling that pregnancy sometimes offers (how nice of pregnancy, right?!).
For unique tips on how to dress the baby bump, read about maternity fashion here!
There you have it! My top five must-have pregnancy products that you can use all three trimesters! Do you have a product you love to use when you’re pregnant? Let me know in the comments!
You may also like to read How to Keep Strangers from Touching Your Baby! Get a FREE car seat tag printable to help keep germy hands away from your precious newborn!