I never thought I would be one of those backpack-wearing moms..you know..the ones that wear a backpack diaper bag (it just wasn’t for me..or so I always thought). For the first 3 months of my new diaper-bag-carrying-life, I used a diaper bag that looked more like a purse. I bought it when I was pregnant after looking high and low for a diaper bag that was both functional and chic. After using it awhile, I realized it wasn’t as functional as I had thought it would be (as a new mom, I just didn’t know the benefits of a backpack diaper bag). Don’t get me wrong-I still think that bag has great features and it’s cute, but I made the switch to a backpack diaper bag. That’s right! I am now a full-time backpack-wearing mama!
This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
Click on any product image or link to shop!
I want to make a quick side note to all the pregnant mamas out there. If you’re expecting a baby, be sure to create your Amazon Baby Registry! You can add baby items from any site! It’s so easy and fun, plus you get up to a 15% completion discount! Click the photo below to get your Free Welcome Box that includes full size samples from top baby brands!!
Let me tell you why I made the switch from this bag to this backpack diaper bag!
- Now that I’m on the go more, I have found it very necessary to have my diaper bag on my back so I can be handsfree. With my purse diaper bag, sometimes I would have to adjust the strap or hold the strap on my shoulder. Most of the time, I don’t have that free hand to easily do this. With the backpack, I am more mobile and can easily maneuver handsfree.
- It’s super comfy because it has padded shoulder pads.
- The backpack is stylish and chic. It also has handles on the top so you can carry it like a handbag. I personally use the handles if I need to pick up the bag or quickly move it from one place to another, otherwise I wear it like a backpack (the whole point of this post!).
- It easily fits all the essentials and even leaves some extra room. You can see what I like to pack here. I like to have the perfectly packed diaper bag, ready for any situation (or mess)! This bag is so spacious!!
It’s easy to find what I’m looking for because I can keep everything super organized. I know where the burp cloths and binkies and wipes are, and I don’t have to search around for them.
- The main compartment unzips from either side on top, and it stays open by itself so I can easily find and retrieve what I need. In the main compartment, I keep diapers, wipes, burp cloths, extra baby clothes, hats, nursing covers, etc in the 4 interior pouches. The main compartment also has 2 small zipper compartments that are perfect for personal or small items.
- It has a secret door!! There is a zipper on the backside of the backpack under the straps so I can access the bottom part of the main compartment without having to dig from the top. I like to keep my wallet in the bottom of the backpack so I know it’s safe when I wear it. I can still get to it quickly without having to sort through all the baby stuff. One of the two small inside zipper compartments I mentioned above is on this lower zipper door.
- The part that faces my back also has a small zipper hidden compartment that is perfect for a cell phone. When I’m wearing the bag, I know my phone is safe!
- The outer front pocket fully unzips for easy access to 3 insulated bottle pockets (I put other baby items in there most of the time). The 2 side pockets can also fit bottles.
- The material is durable, waterproof, and easy to wipe clean.
- And finally..One of the main reasons I love the idea of carrying a backpack instead of a regular bag is because I can wear my baby and my backpack at the same time. I wouldn’t be able to comfortably carry a regular diaper bag while wearing my baby. I have worn both my baby and the backpack while shopping and on other outings, and I have remained comfortable the entire time! It feels freeing to not have the stroller with me ALL the time! 🙂 You can see a similar organic carrier here (same brand as mine) and my newest carrier allows me to even carry my baby forward facing. Both work great with my backpack diaper bag!